For over 25 years, FriendsOffice has been partnering with companies and school districts throughout Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania to maintain the best delivery of office and school related products and services. We offer traditional office supplies, office furniture, janitorial and safety supplies, custom print services, machine supplies, educational supplies, coffee and breakroom products, tech accessories, promotional products, branded apparel, and more.
For additional employment information, please contact our Human Resource Administrator directly:
- Summer Warehouse Associate
- Customer Care
- Sales Executive
- Janitorial Sales Specialist
- Interior Designer
Summer Warehouse Associate
Job Type: Flexible Hours between 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM (part-time and full-time opportunities)
Estimated Start Date/Timeframe: 5/15/2023 – 8/15/2023
Hourly Pay: $12.00/hour
We are seeking a flexible and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Summer Warehouse Packaging Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for packaging bulk school orders with accuracy and efficiency while working in a fun and collaborative team environment. If checklists, organization, and labeling are fun tasks for your personality, this is the job for you! This position is great for teachers or college students looking to make some extra money in their summer months. We’re flexible with hours, meaning you can still work other jobs or attend sports/classes as needed. This position is a temporary position (part-time or full-time) that will run from May to August. If you are a hardworking and detail-oriented individual looking for a great summer job, we encourage you to apply!
If interested, please call or email Peg Schroeder at 419-427-1704 or peg@friendsOffice.com.
Delivery drivers have a variety of duties in addition to driving their routes and making their deliveries. Other important responsibilities include:
- Following the best practices for safety, both on the road and while loading or unloading a truck
- Communicating with dispatchers, drivers and other team members to make deliveries
- Meeting delivery deadlines
- Performing basic truck maintenance
- Loading and unloading cargo
- Tracking shipments and deliveries
- Obtaining client or customer signatures when needed
Skills and qualifications include:
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of how to handle materials safely
- Familiarity with using navigation systems
- Time management to ensure deliveries are made on schedule
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination to stay safe while driving
- Physical ability to load and unload heavy cargo
Job openings currently in:
- Findlay, Ohio
- Columbus, Ohio
- Avon, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
Customer Care Representative
Customer Service Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment
- Ensures high customer engagement through effective listening skills when placing customer orders via telephone, or fax and email while ensuring accuracy
- Conducting product research requests for specialty items Completing customer quotes, finding product substitutions or low cost alternatives
- Fosters and builds a sense of personal responsibility, and team work with co-workers in meeting all customer needs
- Assumes ownership in assigned account base by providing excellent follow up on customer questions, delivery, product returns and accounting issues.
- Working in a team environment between co-workers, purchasing team, and Sales force to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Learning and implementing technical programs which facilitates sales.
- Must be comfortable in the sales process looking for opportunities to increase customer order size while speaking to customers
- Assisting the Sales team as needed in running, analyzing sales reports to meet monthly goals
Ability to build a professional, supportive connection with customers to solidify the buying relationship Requirements for Customer Service Representatives:
- Strong oral ,written, and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Dynamic high energy personality
- Great phone personality
- Positive Work attitude
- Competent computer skills
- Bachelor Degree preferred or previous work experience
- Competitive Base plus bonus/commission structure.
- Medical, dental, disability Voluntary Term life insurance, 401K plan available.
- Paid holidays/vacation time/ sick time.
- Secure the ability to work for an aggressive, growing company in a “team oriented” work environment.
Sales Account Executive
Are you a successful sales professional? Are you looking for a solid company to advance your career and reward hard work with a base income with uncapped commissions, incentives and rewards? As a successful candidate, if you possess 2+ years of B2B outside or inside sales experience then we want to speak with you. This is an opportunity to work with great people, in a great work environment, and make great income!
- Prospecting for new B2B clients via face to face and telephone contacts.
- Implement sales strategies to achieve monthly revenue goals.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Utilizing technology in maintaining and updating vital customer information, analyzing purchasing trends and product choice.
- A full training program on product information, selling skills and closing techniques.
- Excellent sales support by Sales Manager while on appointments, when conducting customer presentations, and quotations.
- A team of Customer Service professionals to offer customer support.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree preferred with 2+ years of experience.
- Strong professional work ethic, communication skills – oral and written.
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft/Excel/Internet. Knowledge of a data contact management system and strong mathematical aptitude a plus.
- Be goal oriented and self-directed. Maintain a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure with quotes/bids.
- Maintain motivation for sales. Understand needed sales aptitude, closing skills and overcoming objections.
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to implement Industry software programs to analyze pricing, buying trends.
- Know and utilize various techniques of handling objections and closing sales.
- Maintain good customer relations and represent Friends with high integrity.
Competitive base Salary/Commission Structure. Medical, dental, disability/life insurance, 401K plan available. Vacation/sick time/holiday pay, expense reimbursement.
Janitorial Sales Specialist
Do you maintain “hands on” experience and knowledge in the Janitorial Industry? Do you enjoy problem solving product issues in a team environment? Are you highly competitive and simply want to be a part of a winning team? If you have experience in Janitorial Sales, Janitorial Customer Service, or Janitorial cleaning services, we would like to speak to you!
The qualified candidate, through a “consultative” and “hands on” approach, will be working on a daily basis with the sales team and customer base focusing on increasing the Divisional sales volume.
Qualifications and Special Skills Include:
- An individual who maintains excellent communication and teaching skills when working with other custodians in the industry. Via questioning, must identify facility needs and offer appropriate solutions.
- Maintains previous, hands on experience of all janitorial products, and can identify and communicate a product’s strengths, weaknesses and suggest effective alternatives as needed.
- Ability to provide hands on training of all janitorial products including equipment.
- Must be skilled in performing all aspects of floor care, chemical applications and other industry products.
- Maintains knowledge of “Best Application” practices needed to secure professional results.
- Maintains the ability to speak directly with vendors for problem solving solutions as needed.
- Must be highly responsive to Customers’ and Sales Force questions.
- Must be highly energetic and maintain good time management skills.
- Must be willing to travel to teach/train/support the Sales Team and Customers as needed.
- Strong professional work ethic.
- Maintain high level of confidence, unquestionable integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Attractive compensation package
- Medical/dental/and voluntary benefits available
- Paid holidays, sick time available
- Mileage reimbursement
FriendsOffice is a leading independent grade A Contract Furniture Dealer and is seeking a CAD Designer to join the Design and Furniture Sales team. The company is looking to hire a team and customer-oriented individual with experience and certification in Interior Design; specializing in system furniture and reconfiguration. Must be proficient in CAD. Experience in other design software programs such as Giza, CAPP, 20/20 worksheet a plus. If you are a creative, technical, and detailed individual who maintains a keen sense of business, finance and marketing strategies, we would like to meet you!
The Designer may work independently or alongside colleagues creating and presenting concepts and furniture system designs that balance innovative space planning, functional and aesthetic appeal with existing or new furniture. The process of furniture design is a collaborative position focusing on customer appeal while meeting their environmental needs and budgetary constraints.
Skills/Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Plan, design, and furnish interior environments of commercial and industrial buildings with free standing or business system furniture.
- Design via Auto CAD, specifically furniture systems to meet all architectural specifications.
- Ability to also formulate furniture specifications in CAP/20/20.
- Knowledge and selection of fabric/finish, art work, accessories, flooring selections, and color coordination for commercial furnishings.
- Ability to renders design ideas in form of presentation boards, drawings, illustrations and present to customer for approval.
- Maintain ongoing communication between Sales and Customer throughout the design process (data collection/schematic design/finalization and installation).
- Integrates customer findings with knowledge of interior design, and formulates the plan that is esthetic and conducive to the intended purpose.
- Must maintain knowledge regarding building code, ADA compliance, space planning.
- Must maintain professional communication skills and work ethic both internally and externally, both verbally and written.
- Must attend workshops, seminars, trainings, and vendor shows on various types of manufacturers, design trends and ADA specifications.
- College degree in Interior Design/or Related Field
- Auto CAD knowledge a must
- Additional CAP, 20/20, Giza knowledge
- Commercial Furniture Background Preferred
- Attention to detail and professional communication skills required
- Great interpersonal skills, unquestionable integrity and confidence
- Must be a Team player
- Competitive salary and benefits package available; medical, dental, disability, voluntary term life and disability insurance, and 401K plan available.
- Paid holidays/vacation time/sick time.
- Secure the ability to work for an aggressive, growing company in a “team‐oriented” work environment.